Home

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Loving Arms

"He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart" (Psalm 91:4).

It was just one of those days.
Frustration led to tears.
Head cupped in my hands.
Sitting on the kitchen floor.
She asks, "Mom, are you ok? Does your head hurt?"
"I'll be ok."
She gently reaches towards me and wraps her arms around me as if she'll never let go.
One tear slowly falls down her cheek.
Tears stream down my cheeks.
"Nicole, God has given you such a big heart. You have such a God given ability to just love others."
I manage a smile.
She smiles too, and then goes back to playing on the computer (after she gives me another hug, of course).

God wraps His loving arms around me too, like a hen wrapping her wings and covering her chicks with her feathers.
Lord, forgive me for failing so often to remember that You are my refuge, my strength and that You will always protect me and wrap your loving arms around me.

2 comments:

Heather said...

What a fabulous photo, Nellie.
I hope you're okay but I certainly know that feeling of failing to remember He's holding me. I love that scripture too.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful picture of you and Nicole. Anna, you have such a tender heart and I appreciate all your honesty in your blog. It's painful but good when we get these reminders that God is there for us.