Home

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Peace

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid" (John 14:27).




Although my mom was quite young when the Germans invaded her village in the Netherlands, she will never forget those days. She remembers hiding under the table when the Germans barged into her house. She remembers the fear, the unknown. She remembers things that the Lord Willing, we will never have to experience. Our children so often say how glad they are that we are not living during the war like their grandparents did. Today, I watched parts of different ceremonies on TV, and I too am so thankful for our freedom, but I don't want to forget all those who have fought and are fighting for peace and all the many lives that have been lost because of the war.




No comments: