Home

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Confessions of a Lousy Wife



"Encourage one another and build each other up..." (1 Thessalonians 5:11)

It's good to confess our many mistakes out loud. This helps us realize we need to change and how blessed we are to have a loving, forgiving God.

I was reminded of this last night as I was confessing to a dear friend, what a lousy wife I am (that was after complaining about things my husband does which led me to more confession for complaining). I received a gentle swat in my arm with a reprimand, "ANNN NNNA". Hey, that's what friends are for, right? I realized I really need to let things slide a bit more. I then started bragging about Paul that he's super-Dad, and my friend said, "Well, that makes him super-husband too". She's absolutely right.

When I came home, Paul and I read devotions together and the theme was about encouraging one another (1 Thessalonians 5:11). More confession. I'm thankful that not only do I have a forgiving Father, but also a forgiving husband!







2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the reminder. It can be to easy to complain about our husbands.

Heather said...

Oooh, love the honesty here. You're an example to us all. Good ol' Wifey Wednesday ;)