Home

Monday, January 2, 2012

One Thousand Gifts (con't)

"Know therefore that the LORD you God is God; He is the faithful God, keeping His covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love Him and keep His commands"
(Deuteronomy 7:9)
.

Resolutions

I'm not one for making New Year's Resolutions, because it's rather discouraging when I don't keep them (not intentionally, though). However, I would like to make it my resolution to read the book, "The Resolution for Women" (which is already sitting on my night table).



Written in partnership with the film, COURAGEOUS, The Resolution for Women focuses on joyfully honoring God as a wife, mother, and family member while resolving to live with the grace that leaves a godly legacy.

In the movie, COURAGEOUS, I'm very inspired by the conversation that takes place with the group of men and one says, "You've been a good enough father", and the other man responds with, "But, I don't want to be just good enough".

I too don't want to be just a good enough Mom, or wife, or daughter, or friend, etc. As parents, we are molding our children for the next generation, and the next generation after that. I want to be intentional about embracing and thriving in God's beautiful and eternal calling on my life.

This year, I have continued to see God's never ending love, and His great faithfulness. I have been blessed beyond words.

My cup runneth over.

Continuing to give thanks for my many blessings...
#2240-#2258

-skiing and bonding with my daughter
-enjoying the snow while we could

-enjoying her birthday cake (a bit too much, perhaps)!

-sibling team spirit
-playing games with family on New Year's Eve

-rock, paper scissors tournament (the tie breaker in which our family lost)

-patience with his long list of projects
-having him home for a few days during the holidays
-his jogging group

-colder weather for a few days

-enjoying God's creatures- both great and small and in all weather climates
-base heaters to get ourselves warm
-cozy fire places

-skiing and play dates with cousins (since when did she start fitting into my shoes and boots?)

-a year full of many blessings
-milestone birthdays
-good health
-family vacations and outings
-resting in the knowledge that God has all things in His control



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing your snowy pictures. Especially since my girls were wearing flip-flops last week. Thanks for sharing

Heather said...

Always so much fun going on with you guys! I agree that that line in the movie is very touching and I want it to be the thing that motivates me too. I have that book and we should read it together and have a cup of tea to chat about it :)