Home

Sunday, January 15, 2012

"Do not be discouraged"

"...do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go"
(Joshua 1:9).

It's so hard not to be discouraged when...

-no children were sponsored

-fewer people than we expected came to our movie fundraiser that we were so passionate and excited about

-when fruit from kingdom work takes a long time to appear.


I can't imagine how Joshua must have felt, knowing that he would be taking over Moses' job as leader. However, God promised him His very own presence and He promises that to us too.

"Why are you so downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him,my Saviour and my God" (Psalm 42:5,6a).

Forgive me Lord, for not trusting in your work- that seeds may have been planted and that you have a plan and a reason for those who were at our movie event. Forgive me, Lord for being judgemental and for being downcast. Forgive me Lord for not praising you for the your many blessings and for the money that was raised for the school. Thank-you for the encouraging words from friends/spiritual mentors. Thank-you for my sister- my biggest supporter and encourager. Lord, help us not to get discouraged, to trust in you, and to continue to do your work for YOUR glory.

1 comment:

Michelle ~ Blogging from the Boonies said...

I understand your disappointment. I have been there. You *have* planted seeds, and I hope that you can keep that thought at the forefront of your mind.

Like my friend who casually mentioned Compassion in passing one day....that seed took a bit and then sprouted into an incredible blessing.

Asking people to consider sponsorship is a big request. It can scare people. It can put up initial defenses. But, God will work on the heart of those who have fertile soil.

Thank you, bless you, for doing the work. You are making a difference!!