Home

Monday, January 10, 2011

One Thousand Gifts (Continued)

"The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:5b-7).


Another funeral.
Another testimony of faith.
Another child of God going Home to meet his Creator and Father.


The pastor preached so beautifully from Philippians 4:5b-7 this morning at my uncle's funeral. My uncle was not anxious while living his life despite his various trials in life. He prayed faithfully and he definitely felt God's peace!

I am thankful for the peace that my uncle felt before going to his eternal home.

My list continues with #1292-1305

-my beautiful second cousins who spoke and sang so nicely
-being together with extended family
-baby steps towards relational healing and restoration
-wonderful pastors in our local community
-peace
-beautiful hymns






-jogging strollers

-plastic stroller covers

-getting together with other adoptive families

-celebrating Ethiopian Christmas with friends



-staying active in the winter
-Curtis eager to do his homework
-Jesse's enthusiasm after his first guitar lesson
-Nicole playing so nicely with her siblings






1 comment:

Tracy said...

Hey, you can tell it has been awhile since I have been on your blog! I recognize that other adorable little girl in that photo! :)