Home

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Make the Most of the New Year

http://http//www.christianbook.com/make-the-most-of-new-year/9781602608320/pd/608324?item_code=WW&netp_id=790011&event=ESRCN&view=detailsAlthough I am staying away from the traditional New Year's resolutions, it is my constant desire and goal to draw nearer to my heavenly Father. However, I fall so short of doing that so often. I am hoping with a little help from this book, that I will be able to do that a bit better (I also started the daily Bible reading plan suggested by our Pastor).

Today's challenge is: "I will be bold and stand up for my faith." Joshua 1:9 says, "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Today I had the honour of attending a funeral of one of my mom's friends from our church. Her life was truly a testimony of her faith. She stood up for her faith and has left this legacy with her 34 grandchildren, 10 great grandchildren and 6 children.

It is my prayer that God will give me guidance and strength to be more bold in my walk with Him.

No comments: