Home

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Not Alone

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song" (Psalm 28:7).
"Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ" (Galatians 6:2).


I'm checking their back packs, signing agendas, making lunches, packing lunches, getting toothbrushes ready, fixing bed heads, searching for library books, etc. etc. all before 7:45 a.m. Sometimes I feel so alone in this role of parenting, but that could not be further from the truth. I know that God gives me the strength I need, and that through Him all things are possible. I also am blessed that God gave me Paul who does the whole parenting thing quite well! He really helped out last week when I had to help my mom first thing in the morning as she wasn't feeling well. Even though Daddy doesn't do things the way Mommy does, he still does it and he does it well.

I thank God for the strength that He gives me and for my best friend -my partner.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

You guys are such an encouragement. Thanks for the reminder. My husband also does parenting well and it's a lot to be thankful for.