Home

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Aging-inevitable; Maturing-optional

"He renews your youth- you're always young in His presence" (Psalm 103:5 The Message).




She jokes with the kids, teases the cats, has a great sense of humour, laughs often, smiles regularly, prays consistently, and gets a great game of croquet started! That's my mom. It's inevitable that we will age. Sometimes one's time on earth ends far too early in our opinion, but "our times are in God's hands" (Psalm 31:15). My mom enjoys her time here on earth and commits her life to God. She admits her faults and confesses her struggles, but over time as she is aging, she is also growing closer to God and striving to become more like Him. It's my prayer that as I am aging each day, I will continue to strive to be more like Christ, learn from my many mistakes, and use my time on earth to glorify Him.

No comments: