Home

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Till we meet again


"And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, 'Now the dwelling of God is with men, and He will live with them. They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away'" (Revelation 21:4).


It was a snowy day five years ago the morning I received the call that my father had collapsed and joined the angels in heaven. It was a call that I will never forget. Five years have passed by so quickly, yet the love I have for my dad and the lessons I learned from my dear father will remain with me forever.

He taught me to how to love life and have fun.
He taught me that to love the Lord and to trust in Him.
He taught me not to be afraid of death as he openly talked about "when I'm in the box..."
He taught me the importance and value of family.
He taught me the importance and value of church family.
He taught me the importance and value of strong friendships.
He taught me gratitude and how to show gratitude.
He taught me to respect others.
He taught me to put a smile on your face even at 3:30 a.m. (going to the market -I haven't learned that one yet).
He taught me to set goals and "Go for it"!
He taught me to have fun with your children.
He taught me to give hugs and kisses to your children and your spouse.
He taught me the importance of Christian Education as he dedicated his life toward that cause.

The list could go on! These are lessons that I am still learning as I run the race.

There are very few days that go by that I don't' think of him and smile. The last time I saw my dad, he had his chubby cheek sticking out waiting for his good-bye kiss, and I know that when we meet again, it won't be much different except we won't ever have to say good-bye again.

Till we meet again!!

No comments: