Home

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Running the Race

"...let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith..." Hebrews 12:1,2

It's been a year now since I made the big purchase of new running shoes and began my jogging regime. There is still a lot of progress to be made, but I'm pleased with the goals that I have been able to meet.

It wasn't until recently when I gathered my jogging gear, I was reminded of the verses from Hebrews 12. It was a nice relief in the spring when I was able to jog without all of my winter apparel. Similarly, how often I allow things to hinder my race that God has set before me. I carry burdens that God more than willingly will carry and I allow my many sins such as pride, busy schedules, selfishness, judgemental thoughts, etc. etc. to get in my way of growing closer to God.

As I reach my "half way point" when jogging, I realize that I am starting to slow down, and I need to persevere. I also feel this in my personal life. I particularly feel this as we continue to wait for our adoption and news regarding our adoption agency. We try to remain hopeful and patient. God has marked out a race for all of us that we need to run with perseverence. It is my prayer that I can keep my eyes set on Jesus and that I can run the race that he has made for me. I desperately need God's help in running the race, especially as I try to do so with perseverence and patience.


No comments: