Home

Monday, September 21, 2009

One Thousand Gifts

I am on my way to counting 1000 blessings in my life. This was inspired by the blog, "Holy Experience". Every Monday (at least I will try every Monday), I will join many others across the nation as we are blessed by asking God to open our eyes to the numerous blessings that we have in our lives. Here are my first 5 (not in order of importance).


1) Christian Education and Christian teachers "Apply your heart to instruction and your ears to words of knowledge." Proverbs 23:12


2) Nature
"...the earth is satisfied by the fruit of His work." Psalm 104:13



3) Christian Parents and Spiritual Mentors
"Honour your father and mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you." Exodus 20:12



4) Traditions (having fun tenting in the backyard every Labour Day weekend)
"(God) will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy." Job 8:21



5) Outdoors
"For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities-His eternal power and divine nature-have been clearly seen..." Romans 1:20





holy experience

No comments: