Home

Monday, September 8, 2014

One Thousand Gifts (continued)

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven" (Ecclesiastes 3:1). 

Saying good-bye to summer.
Good-bye to our pool.
Good-bye to lazy summer days.
Good-bye to summer soccer.
Good-bye to camping.
Good-bye to summer fun. (and we had lots of that!!)

Saying hello to fall.
A new season.

I'm also entering a new season in my life. I am so excited about the journeys that God has put me on. I could never have imagined the paths that God has called me to take.

I have signed up for two online courses.  I didn't think that I would ever be "formally" furthering my education.  A new season.

Also, we are awaiting the arrival of our precious son from Ethiopia.  Another new season.  With that will come many new joys and challenges.

We are entering a new season and a new journey that I'm excited to take!   I know that I do not enter this journey on my own.  I am so thankful that God promises to stay with me, every step of the way!

Continuing to give thanks...
  -for new seasons
  -the journeys that God has taken and is taking me on
  -how He never leaves us

-his skill and love for soccer
-his effort and wonderful sportsman like attitude

-a great season (champions)!

-her first season of soccer and how she tried her best (especially when we cheered for her)!
-her pleasure of receiving a medal (and a donut!!)

-his great attitude and effort
-the awesome coaches who volunteered their time to coach our children and write out their awards
-her joy for the sport
-making new friends 
-another beautiful sky during soccer, painted by our amazing creator

-fun times as a family at Jellystone park

-how playing min golf makes him so happy!
-her excitement when going on the wagon rides

-his love for water, even when it wasn't very warm outside

-the smiles on their faces as they enjoyed the water activities
-activities for everyone to enjoy

-his patience as he embraces his daughter's desire for independence

-how he/they kept busy with the many different activities

-enjoying the beach and the water park right beside it

-reading and sleeping on the beach



-how we never tire of having campfires and roasting marshmallows


-how they went on all the rides together


-so much fun at the C.N.E.


-how his face lit up in the place of magic


-enjoying all the rides, including the more relaxing rides

-our therapeutic night out
-the fun that we always have together
-making an outing when we had to go to the airport
-Mom's safe travels and the fun trip that she had


-how she misses her cat/playmate after a long day at school

-how his sister took such good care of him with her stuffies when he wasn't feeling well

-the fun that he had at grade 9 day
-making new friends
-spending time with old friends too

-how she helped contribute to her sister's newly decorated room

-how she likes to play peek a boo and be silly!

No comments: