Home

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Perspective

"For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love He predestined us to be adopted as His sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will-" (Ephesians 1:4,5)

Yes, it's mid April and we have more snow.  There are a lot of unhappy people about that.  To be honest, I wasn't too thrilled about pulling out the winter coats from the basement after I had washed them and put them away.  However, I tried not to complain too much.  How could I when I heard Deborah's excitement?!  When I said, "Look at all of the snow", her response was, "Yeah!  Can we go out and play?  Can I put my skis on?"

She had a completely different perspective in regards to our never ending winter.  I love her enthusiasm and her excitement!  I love how a four year old is able to get so excited about anything!  I love her positive outlook on life.

How often, we compare ourselves to others, or view something in a completely negative light.  How often we complain about others, or about ourselves.  How does God view us?  He calls us "chosen" and "adopted as His sons/daughters"!  We are His heirs.  We are chosen.  We are His children.  He loves us so much that He was willing to sacrifice His Son for our sins.  Yes, we are sinners, but we are sinners saved by grace.  As Timothy Keller says (which our Pastor often quotes), "we are more wicked than we ever dared believe, but more loved and accepted in Christ than we ever dared hope"!

No comments: