Home

Monday, October 7, 2013

One Thousand Gifts (Continued)

"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have because GOD has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.'" (Hebrews 13:5)

"Contentment is not getting what we want, but being satisfied with what we have" 
 (Amish Proverb)

It's crazy how often I am not satisfied with what I have.  It baffles me how easy thoughts of jealousy or dissatisfaction creep into my thoughts.  These thoughts of jealousy or dissatisfaction could be about almost anything such as my lack of certain skills or talents, my body shape, children's behaviour, my gardens, my house, how my time is spent, my own behaviour, possessions, etc.  These thoughts of jealousy or dissatisfaction sometimes even start with just thoughts of things that annoy me.  It's sad how this leads to being discontent.  Other words for discontent are:  unhappiness, dissatisfaction, displeasure, disgruntlement, sadness, gloominess, and restlessness.  Nobody enjoys those feelings, and it can be very harmful.  It gets in the way of contentment and gratitude and seeing God's grace and love. That is why it is so important to be purposeful in giving thanks- ALL the time and for ALL things.  That is also why I am so thankful for a Saviour who sees my stained heart, knows my ugly thoughts and loves me just the same!  Thank-you, Jesus.

Continuing to give thanks...
#3902-#3925

-Christ's love for us
-that He is all we need and He will never "leave us nor forsake us"

-thrilled to be part of his cross country meet
-great team effort and encouragement

-his fine effort and determination (even if he was bribed by his uncle)!

-my niece who represented the school as the only senior girl  and persevered with all of her might (and ran very well)!
-finding new spots (her sfuffed animal storage) to read

-being disciples and showing love to others while hosting the Special Olympics at our school
-willing volunteers
-a great learning and growing opportunity for all of the students

-having fun trying to get a decent picture of her

-her many expressions
-the goofy side of her
-how she never ceases to make us laugh!
-her cute "Ethiopia" shirt given to her by a very special young lady
-how Jesse is following the stats for the Ethiopian soccer team (Go Ethiopia Go!)

-my partially clean windows
-a willing helper

-playing in the school baseball fundraiser tournament with a fun team!
-Paul's amazing baseball abilities (4 home runs/ 1 grand slam)!! and no injuries!!
-an encouraging card/note from a very thoughtful sister -in-law
-meeting and dining as a congregation after church
-the beautiful fall colours
-my stay home days with Deborah!


No comments: