Home

Monday, November 5, 2012

One Thousand Gifts (continued)

"So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect Him" 
(Matthew 24:44)


The poinsettias are ready for shipping.
How often do we prepare, or get ready for things/ outings?
It's good to be ready for things, but I ask myself, am I ready for Jesus' return?  I would like to think that I am, but I am reminded that the way to prepare for that is to choose obedience.  I know that I fail so often in obeying my heavenly Father.  I am so thankful that He forgives me over and over.  Why bother, then to choose obedience?  The answer is simple:  out of gratitude.  And so my list of gratitude continues...

#3140- #3167
-His grace and His forgiveness
-prayer partner programs
-first poinsettia shipping this week!
-a third grader's obsession with learning cursive
-Paul, our official family taxi driver
-how she lunges over to get a hug from her big brother
-how he excitedly came home and shared with me that his story was chosen for the Tri School Creative Writing competition
-the joy that we experienced from visiting our children's classes
-finding my purpose to cleaning my home and completing my fourth day of 31 days to clean:  Having a Martha House the Mary Way
-getting invited to attend our nephew's church to hear the African Children's Choir

-amazing voices and beautiful singing
-energy and great rhythm
-hearing testimonies of how Children in Africa are making a difference in their home countries through the work of the African Children's Choir
-Deborah sitting in church for the first time (listening to the choir) and asking "More??" every time they left to get ready for their next set

-big smiles and serious faces (secret agents can't smile, he said;  they need to be serious)


-a secret longing to be a kid again (or reliving his water buffalo days)
-his willingness every year to take the children trick or treating

-a beautiful day for the Road to Hope race
-running our race in support of Edu Deo Ministries
-the money raised for Edu Deo Ministries to help children in developing countries receive a quality education rooted in a Biblical worldview (over 65 000 was raised)!


-an eager participant (competing the 1km; maybe next year, she'll do the 5km!)

-beautiful weather and beautiful scenery along the lake

-completing 5 km with my niece and sister-in-law (her first race)
-achieving personal bests!!


-completing his first 10km race (I'm so proud of him)!

-another sister-in-law running her first race (since high school) and making 10km look so easy (so proud of her too)
-the director, running for a great cause!
-a great group of guys that share a passion for running, fellowship, and our Lord Jesus Christ


No comments: