Home

Friday, August 31, 2012

The Wind in My Sails



Jesus be the center
Be my source be my light, Jesus
Jesus be the centre
Be my song, Jesus

Be the fire in my heart
Be the wind in my sails
Be the reason that I live

Jesus Jesus
Be my vision
Be my help
Be my guide, Jesus

Words and music by Michael Fyre


Two years ago, my eyes filled with tears as I listened to my children and the rest of the school sing this song so beautifully at the closing of their Christmas program.  

Two years later, God has repeatedly placed this song in my mind and on my heart. 

I have not put Jesus in the center of my life.  I have not allowed him to "be my vision or my help".  The more I sin and struggle is because the less I have put Jesus in the center of my life.  Because of God's grace, though undeserving, I am able to ask Jesus to "be my source, be my light".  I desire for Him to be the center of my decisions, my actions, and my thoughts.  It is my desire to seek the Lord with all my heart and to place Him at the center of my life. 


"Jesus be the centre... Be the wind in my sails, Be the reason that I live"




 "Jesus, Jesus, Be my vision, Be my help"  (through the storms)





"Be my guide, Jesus"


No comments: