Home

Friday, August 24, 2012

In the Shelter of the Most High

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust'" 
(Psalm 91:1,2).

The flowers are placed on the casket.  Final good-byes are said as another soul rises up to heaven.

A tribute is made to a kind, sweet woman.  Her son speaks of his virtuous mother by giving examples of her life as a Proverbs 31 woman.  Fond memories and quotes from her Bible are given from her oldest granddaughter.  The pastor gives us comfort that those who "dwell in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty".

As another sister of my father has entered her eternal home, another part of my dad is gone.  However, I know that because of grace alone through the work of my Lord Jesus Christ, we will all be reunited one day.  "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust".

No comments: