Home

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Peaches

"He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its
fruit in season" 
(Psalm 1:3)

We are certainly enjoying the "fruit in season" this year. We've been enjoying them so much, that Nicole asked if we could can some peaches, so that we can enjoy them all year long!

This was a first for me! After 18 years of marriage, I am finally becoming domesticated!

The research was conducted, the peaches were bought, the equipment was laid out, the aprons were put on, and we were ready to do some canning! I must say, it was easier than I thought.

But now, the hard part...patience. That is something that I have always struggled with and now I see it in my children too. They keep asking to eat the peaches from the jars, but I said that they would have to wait until peach season is over. We need to enjoy the "fruit in season" while we can!

the finished product!
teamwork!  an awesome partner!
cooling
water bath... that sounds fun
drying the rims
a hub of activity
boiling, then peeling
getting ready to can
preparing
home from the market (thanks to my hubby, the market shopper, photographer, and videographer)!

No comments: