Home

Monday, February 27, 2012

One Thousand Gifts (Continued)


"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'"
(Isaiah 31:21).

I carefully step into the footsteps of those before me. Some spots are more slushy than others. Many have already walked the path before me. Although I get a little more wet than usual, I continue my 5km run and am thankful for the footprints before me.

Many have walked the path before me. They have experienced the sorrows that I have experienced while in the valleys, and they have felt the joy that I have felt on the mountaintops. We are able to glean from the experiences of others and we can follow their footsteps.

More importantly, I am thankful for my Saviour who has walked on this earth before me. I need to follow His footsteps and learn from the life that He lived!

Continuing to give thanks...
#2377-#2400

-for those who have walked the path before me

-Christian mentors
-friend who shared with me a memory of my dad

-last memories of my dad -fond memories
-coffee at our friends'

-the pastor's challenge to know God personally (to meet with Him alone, meet Him with a fight, meet Him for a blessing, and meet Him at our weakness)
-the whole congregation standing in silent prayer before our God pleading for the life of a man who lives half way around the world and who is being persecuted for his faith

-our freedom and privilege to worship the One True God


-Mom-in her glory with all her flowers

-Mom's appreciation for her flowers -gifts to remember Dad
-yellow -his favourite colour

-my hero- my mom
-her strength (after seven years this past week) without my dad
-her joy
-her smiles



-Kleenex
-every one's health has returned

-glasses sitting at the bottom of his nose

-mechanical pencil in his church shirt front pocket

-smiles coming off the bus

-representing her school with her speech (on adoption -her choice, not mine although I eagerly approved!)

-thrilled to be feeling better so that he could play outside

-how she makes us laugh everyday!

-playing games together





1 comment:

Kerri (a simple princess) said...

what a beautiful list!
so thankful for those who have walked before me...especially my Jesus!