Home

Sunday, June 26, 2011

17 years later

"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins"

(1 Peter 4:8).


then and now (we haven't aged a bit)!!!


Yesterday we celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary. Today my brother in law and sister in law celebrate their 30th wedding anniversary. I thought, wow, that's quite a milestone. But then I thought again... every anniversary is a milestone! I remember how Paul and I used to celebrate the amount of months that we had been dating ("oh, today's our 4 month anniversary...let's celebrate!") As cheesy as that was, there's something good there. I have seen too many marriages collapse and go through very painful times. Every year (month, day, etc.) with your spouse is a gift from God, and worth celebrating! So, I think 17 years is a milestone, as is 1 year, 10 years, 13 years, etc.!


We didn't officially "celebrate" yesterday, but we did exchange a few gifts, hugs and kisses, and Paul brought home some Cold Stone Creamery ice cream!!! Best gift ever!!


I am so thankful for our marriage, our healing, and a spouse whom I deeply love. I pray that God will bless us for many, many more years together and that we won't take our marriage for granted, but celebrate each day of being together!




5 comments:

Maria said...

Happy anniversary!!! Every year is very special!

Hope to see you soon

Maria

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!!! You two have a special relationship. I can hear it in your writing. God Bless you in this next year.

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!!! You two have a special relationship. I can hear it in your writing. God Bless you in this next year.

Ashleigh said...

You're so beautiful, Anna. I love how your personality shines through your thankful, grace-filled posts. (The beach looked pretty awesome in the post following this one!)
Happy 17th!

Ashleigh said...

You're so beautiful, Anna. I love how your personality shines through your thankful, grace-filled posts. (The beach looked pretty awesome in the post following this one!)
Happy 17th!