Home

Monday, April 25, 2011

One Thousand Gifts (Continued)

"Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint"



(Isaiah 40:31).

It's Monday. It's raining and I'm feeling glum. So many (little) things are getting to me lately...

-daughter can now reach our Water Depot dispenser
-son hanging on our coat hanger and it falling off the wall (who knows when that will get fixed)
-daughter asking a million questions (mostly asking for junk food- really drives me crazy)
-a hundred "Where's my _________" (book, socks, hoodie, etc.)
-still getting razzed by siblings (even after 30 something years)
-new set of headphones that don't work
-being plagued by guilt, shame, anger, impatience, resentment, inability to love, etc...
-I'm not ready for the busy spring greenhouse season

Yet, in the middle of my mess, I am oh, so blessed!

"This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use"
(by Francesca Battistelli)


More lyrics: http://www.lyricsmania.com/this_is_the_stuff_lyrics_francesca_battistelli.html
All about Francesca Battistelli: http://www.musictory.com/music/Francesca+Battistelli












Really needing to give thanks today...

#1571-#1589


-God's beautiful painting outside my window

-Lego lover


-hockey lovers

-playing peek- a- boo


-kiddie pool


-enjoying the warm weather (and warm pool-lots of buckets of hot water)


-orders finally coming in

-sisters


-goofy smiles (that's enough to make anyone laugh)!



-goofy play-doh creations


-celebrating Easter


-a risen Saviour



-Christ, the sacrificial lamb


-salvation through Christ


-Deborah looking with adoring eyes at Jesse


-play dates today (good distractions)


-over 800 people singing hymns by heart at an inspiring concert


-enjoying a gospel concert with Nicole


-gospel concerts, uplifting music, and the ministry of an amazing family http://www.thecollingsworthfamily.com/home.shtml


















2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh dear. Your week sounds like my last week. Praise God for thanksgiving to keep us realizing what it's all about.

LOVE the peek-a-boo photo!!!

Sarah said...

Came over from Wifey Wednesday. LOVE the book "One Thousand Gifts"!! And your family is ADORABLE! Yes, in the middle of the mess and the hectic and the frazzled, it is SO hard to give thanks. Thank you for modeling it for us.