Home

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"I bet you missed these"


"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins" (1 Peter 4:8).

We get into a routine...breakfast together, lunch together, dinner together, etc. Then comes the spring rush and anyone involved in the greenhouse business understands what this means. New routines, crazy hours, and less meals together. As I have acclimatized to my new routines and as the spring rush begins to slow down, I feel like he's now cramping my style. How wrong I am for thinking this way. This morning, after breakfast, he reaches out for me and as he gives me a big hug, he says, "I bet you missed these". Our bodies press together, and I realize how much I have missed his hugs, affection, and our time together. 16 years, and I will never tire of his hugs! Forgive me Lord, for my selfishness and help me to reciprocate his affection.

No comments: