Home

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hup Holland Hup

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him" (Colossians 3:17).



This week Paul and I hope to celebrate (the Lord Willing), our 16th wedding anniversary! 16 years ago, Paul and I had the privilege to go to the World Cup in Orlando. It wasn't exactly how I planned on spending my time in Florida on my honeymoon, but I didn't want to put up a fight so soon in our marriage! However, we had an amazing time as we cheered on Holland and sang all the chants with the rest of the crowd (they won that game too)! It's one of our favourite memories that we have.

It's said that "opposites attract", but it's also said that "birds of the same feather flock together". I suppose personality wise, opposites often do attract, but in terms of interests, beliefs, etc. birds of the same feather often flock together. Paul and I have enjoyed many years of doing things that we both enjoy (or have come to enjoy). Sometimes we do things that we don't necessarily enjoy doing, but we do it for each other. 16 years ago, we stood before God and His people exchanging our vows and committing our lives to each other and our marriage to the Lord. 16 years ago, I married my best friend. 16 years later, I am still so in love with my best friend and I love making new memories with him. I look forward to many more fun memories as we continue on our journey together following God's path for our lives. Happy (almost) 16 years, Hon!


No comments: