Home

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Squirrels

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against on another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love..." (Colossians 3:112-14).

Most of the time, we bang the window to get rid of the squirrels that are eating our bird seeds. However, there are times, when I think, "we should love the squirrels too" and I watch them eat the food on the ground, or in the feeder. I remember my brother's friend visiting from Australia, taking pictures of squirrels because he thought they were so cool. We thought otherwise.

Sometimes it is difficult to love the "squirrels" in our lives. I pray that God will help me to love the "squirrels" in my life and to be more accepting. I pray that I will be able to put off my old self and replace my thoughts and actions with Biblical thoughts and thoughts that are compassionate, kind and loving. Forgive me Lord, for the many times that I have not had loving thoughts toward others.

No comments: