Home

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Encouraging Others





"Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another- and all the more as you see the Day approaching" (Hebrews 10:26).

Last weekend, some family members went to Buffalo to cheer for our nephew, Erik. I would have loved to have been there to cheer on my nephew, however I was home with sick children. Apparently it was a great game, with Erik getting a goal and an assist. Way to go Erik!

My dad was notorious for his loud cheering at hockey games, but he was also good at encouraging others and "cheering" them on in their endeavors (especially his children). His smile could light up a room and his hand shake and pep talks would give people the lift and encouragement that they need. Sometimes, I am too busy to "meet together" as it says in Hebrews and to give the encouragement that others need. Or, other times, I don't see the need or feel that I am adequate to help others. I pray that God will open my eyes to the needs of others and help me to "cheer" on others and to encourage one another.

No comments: