Home

Monday, May 26, 2014

One Thousand Gifts (continued)

What is faith? It is the confident assurance that what we hope for is going to happen. It is the evidence of things we cannot yet see. (Hebrews 11:1 NLT)

The other day, I had the privilege to walk around the gymnasium and enjoy the grade 6/7 "Hall of Faith Museum".  I enjoyed reading about the various Bible characters' faith and how that inspired me and my faith.  I especially enjoyed the analogies of what faith is, such as roller coasters and duct tape!  

I like to equate faith to trust.  As our pastor reminded me on the phone last week, that when you do that trust exercise of falling back, you need to completely surrender and fall back, not just step back or sit back.  That's what having faith in God is like... completely surrendering and falling into His arms, knowing that He will catch you.  

Continuing to give thanks...
#4593-4617
-that I am able to trust God, knowing that He will catch me
-the sovereignty of God
-trusting in God as we make perhaps the biggest decision of our lives

-the creative analogies of faith
-the students as they grow in faith
-how may faith has grown as well

-their hard work learning about faith and preparing for their "Hall of Faith Museum"

-enjoying her day and doing her best

-not wanting to miss track and field day, even though he was recovering from the flu

-doing his best and his great sportsmanship
-hearing him encourage and cheer for his classmates

-how she loves spending time with her cousin with every given opportunity

-her pride as she loves to write/draw "D" for Deborah

-celebrating the retirement of our high school P.E. teacher who was such an inspiration to many individuals
-how us old folks made it to the finals in the volleyball tournament
-the super fun time that we had playing together as former classmates/teammates
-how it felt like time stood still for a moment (and like 24 years never passed by)!
-a fun, well organized event (by my niece and yummy food prepared by my sister-in-law)

-enjoying Praise Fest with my daughter

-the fun and energy of Ernie Hasse and Signature Sound band

-fun and praise


-a photo op with Ernie!
-the cross
-worshiping with hundreds of other Christians from all different denominations; "Oh What a Saviour"!
-our friend has been released from prison and has a place to stay

No comments: