Home

Monday, January 20, 2014

One Thousand Gifts (continued)

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my rock and my Redeemer" (Psalm 19:14).

I hate it when I speak before I think. Sometimes I say the most unthoughtful things. I remember reading a devotional to my grade five class about the words that come out of our mouth. The author wrote about how when we say things, it is like toothpaste coming out of a tube, which can not be put back in. I thought about that this weekend as I said something out of frustration and discouragement. We were spending a night in downtown Toronto and certain things about our accommodations and the whininess of our children caused me to mumble that they sometimes suck the joy out of our outings. I immediately regretted what I said. I was reminded of that devotional that I read many years ago. HOWEVER, I was also reminded of God's great mercy and grace. Although I can not put the words back into my mouth, I am able to seek forgiveness, and I know that because of God's great love and mercy, He will forgive me. I want so much for "the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart to be pleasing in His sight".  I am so thankful for God's amazing grace and His willingness to forgive. I am also so grateful for the many, many moments throughout the day when God reveals to me the joy that my children bring to me and our family.

Continuing to give thanks..
#4201-#4224

-the joy that all of my family brings to me
-God's love and mercy and forgiveness
-His many gifts, especially the gift of children and family

-for the joy that she brings to our family
-for the silly and funny comments that she makes at dinner time (and all of the time), causing us all to laugh!
-celebrating her 4th birthday and the privilege of calling her our daughter

-how she's always excited about everything

-the children's eagerness to give their baby sister her gifts and to share in her excitement


-how she loved opening all of her gifts
-how she told everyone it was her birthday in January

-Oma's surprises and homemade gifts

-the many gifts and talents of her Oma, including Deborah's beautiful sweater

-her excitement to blow out candles on her birthday

-celebrating with family (especially her idol/cousin, Jon)

-celebrating with both grandmothers

-early birthday gifts and greenhouse parties
-her aunt who loves giving gifts
-the signs of a well loved stuffed animal

-the fun at the basketball game

-how she warmed up to all the cheering and joined in

-their excitement to go to Toronto

-good sports
-enjoying our night away

-exploring the city and appreciating the country!

No comments: