Home

Monday, February 25, 2013

One Thousand Gifts (continued)

"Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another- and all the more as you see the Day approaching" (Hebrews 10:25).

I smile as I listen to their conversations.  I am in the kitchen preparing a meal for our new friends from church.  Five men, new to the church, some new to the Christian faith, are sitting in my living room discussing church and doctrine.  They question each other and challenge each other.  I smile because these are the conversations that I love to hear.  Not gossip, not slander, but faith talk.  I realize myself how infrequently I talk about my faith.  I also realize how little I know about our denomination.  As a result, I did some research about the Christian Reformed Church.

In a nutshell, this is what it says on their website:

"We call ourselves the Christian Reformed Church in North America. What does that mean?
 ▪ We call ourselves Christian because we are followers of Jesus Christ. We believe that Jesus was the Son of God and that he is the center of human history.
 ▪ We’re called Reformed because we grow on a branch of the church tree that emerged from the Protestant Reformation in sixteenth-century Europe.
▪ We’re a Church because we believe God has called us together to be a people who belong to him and live for him.
▪ North America tells you where we are situated; but it also tells you we’re connected with other Reformed denominations in other places around the globe.

 Our emblem is the cross in a triangle. The triangle represents the Trinity, our belief in the one God we know as three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The cross symbolizes our belief in Jesus Christ's sacrificial death for our salvation."
I want my words and conversations to be pleasing to my heavenly Father.  I want to talk about my faith and share my faith.  I want my faith to grow and I want to keep learning more and more about my awesome, loving, forgiving, powerful Father.

Continuing to give thanks...
#3376-#3384
-for conversations that make me smile
-for conversations that make my Father in heaven smile
-for conversations that help my faith grow
-for conversations that encourage me to research what I believe in
-spontaneous meal plans
-friends that share their faith
-our Christian School
-our church and it's deep history


-for all the great memories and the legacy that he left behind


No comments: