Home

Monday, May 7, 2012

One Thousand Gifts (Continued)

"[God] has saved us and called us to a holy life- not because of anything we have done but because of His own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time" (2 Timothy 1:9).

I have been taking pictures of our house which will be sent to Ethiopia for our second adoption and I ask myself... Is it tidy enough?  Is it clean enough?  Is it big enough?  Is it good enough? 
I think of how often I struggle with that question for myself. Am I a good enough Mom?  Am I a good enough friend? Am I a good enough daughter, wife, daughter of the King, etc? Although I do not want to be just good enough, I am reassured that God has it all covered. He loves me and has called me to be His daughter, not because of what I have done or have not done, but because of who He is and because of His grace! I have failed over and over, but God's mercies are new every morning, and He has it covered because of His grace! 
 Continuing to give thanks... 
#2590- #2606
-God's mercy 
-grace 
-saying "sorry" 
-Deborah saying "sorry" when someone is supposed to say it to her!
 -successful shipping season so far 

-worshiping with Michael W. Smith 
-singing "Agnes Die" with 3 000 other Christians! -over 100 children sponsored through Compassion Canada! Praise the LORD!
-Jesse's family tree project -our family history -our family -God's faithfulness from generation to generation

-my spy guy
-my duster helper


-how she loves to snuggle up to drink her milk (for a short period of time)

-a proud big sister

 

-how she loves to watch her grandchildren from her deck

2 comments:

Unknown said...

2nd adoption. YAY. That's fabulous. I'll be praying for you guys.

Heather said...

Again, I feel like I'm right there snuggled in or hanging out with you guys when I peruse your photos. I love how you capture your family, Nellie. Seeing your mom makes me feel cozy. She's so special to me.
Must be why I love her daughter so much, too! :)