Home

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

She's Mine!

"Now, this is what the LORD says... 'Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine'"
(Isaiah 43:1).



They colour together at the little table at the Ontario Early Years Center.  The mom asks how old she is, and then hesitantly (but kindly) asks, "Is she yours"?  My face beams with happiness and my heart explodes with joy as I respond with a huge smile, "Yes, she's mine!"

This is the first time that someone has asked me that specific question.  I was filled with honour and joy and as I proudly answered that she is mine.  It's my prayer that as God looks at me, His child, that He will be pleased and proudly say, "She is mine."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That does feel good to say. I was asked yesterday if I was his Grandma. My husband got a good laugh at that - I didn't. Deborah is so beautiful. And thank you for your encouraging blogs. So different than many out there.

Heather said...

Oh, I LOVE this post!!