Home

Thursday, November 3, 2011

One Year Ago (Part 9)

"I have set the LORD always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken" (Psalm 16:8).



God was with us during the entire trip, and He will ALWAYS with us!!

One year ago...
This was our last day in Ethiopia. I had mixed emotions... we were having a great time. We had a wonderful week in our daughter's beautiful birth country and we definitely would like to go back there again some day. However... I couldn't wait to go home!! I couldn't wait to see Curtis too!!

One year ago.
Our last day.

"Paul was up earlier this morning in order to get ready for his outing. He was picked up in the morning to go visit the greenhouses in Koka Lake area where he gets his (geranium and poinsettia) cuttings from!! He noted that there were many workers there as there is very little automation.

After breakfast, a different taxi driver came to pick us up to go to the Hilton. Nicole had her hair braided and was very brave even though she was in a lot of pain!! She also had her nails painted as did Trish. Jesse sat patiently in a chair and read his Foxtrot book. We (mainly Trish) did a bit more shopping at the Hilton (we just can't get enough of shopping) and then we went to the Sheraton all day (our last day of swimming). We all LOVE the pool at the Sheraton! For lunch, it was the usual- french fries, pizza and OJ! Deborah had a little nap on the lounge chairs. We swam, read, played football, journaled, read, lounged, etc. VERY relaxing!!

Back at the Weygoss, we bought some things from the university boys who were selling souvenirs. I met another Ontario couple and I talked to some other Canadian women and a couple from Canadian Humanitarian Organization.

After supper, we packed and Deborah and I were very cranky.
At 8:30 p.m. we left for the airport!!!!!"






-Paul's favourite sign!


-yes, poinsettias in Ethiopia



-beautiful geraniums!



-their pet camel










-some last minute souvenir shopping!



-a patient brother


-Oh, the pain; I kept popping peppermints in her mouth as a distraction!

-she was still able to smile!


-out typical food that we ate all week


No comments: