Home

Saturday, August 13, 2011

One Picture- Many Thoughts

'"My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the LORD" (Isaiah 55:8).


















This picture now hangs on our wall.


We took this picture last fall while in Ethiopia. We recently ordered a canvas enlargement of this picture which is now hanging in a very visible spot in our house.
I never would have thought that this one picture could evoke so many million thoughts in my mind.
Every time I look at this picture on our wall, various thoughts run through my mind such as...

-meeting our baby girl for the first time
-holding our baby for the first time
-her birth mother who probably doesn't go a day without thinking about her beautiful baby
-our unforgettable trip to bring home our baby girl
-our incredible trip to visit our sponsor child
-the dust
-the very dry ground
-the poverty
-the women walking on bare feet collecting water
-the drought and the famine right now in the horn of Africa
-the death of thousands of children because of malnourishment
-how blessed we are and how we can help others
http://www.crcna.org/pages/crwrc_idr_eadrought.cfm
-the beauty of God's creation and the beautiful trees

This great picture of our daughter's beautiful birth country is a reminder of an amazing trip with memories that I pray I may never forget. The Lord is good and His faithfulness continues through all generations.


No comments: