Home

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Adoption Update- Referral!!!

"Give thanks to the Lord, call on His name; make known among the nations what He has done...Look to the Lord and His strength; seek His face always...For great is the Lord and most worthy of praise...Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever...Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting" (1 Chronicles 16:8,11,25,34,36).




We're number zero!!!

This morning, we received "the call" that we have been waiting for! I can hardly put my thoughts/emotions into words. I have been feeling quite emotional lately and have had stomach pains. This morning, I went for my run, and had a bit of a hard time catching my breath between my sobs as I was crying to the Lord, "how much longer?" When I came home, I e-mailed my husband with my woes and was questioning if I was reaching menopause, or if it was from the adoption process. As I was in the shower, praying and crying again, the phone was ringing with our exciting news (but I didn't know it; a dear friend was praying for us at that very moment as well). Twenty minutes later, when the phone rang again, I answered it and the adoption agency worker asked if I was ready for some good news. I cried, jumped, screamed, began to shake, and blurted, "NO WAY"!! Before I asked her for any details, I told her about my emotional morning and that it was our oldest's birthday today and how he had asked for a referral for his birthday. I simply could not believe it, and I still can't!




Between my sobs, I asked her for details. She was born January 17, 2010. Her name is Deborah Nekemte (now Deborah Audrey Nekemte). That made the name choosing very easy! She weighed only 5.5 pounds, but she's stable and is doing well. My mom was at the door when I received "the call", so she was privileged to see her daughter go loopy and see a picture of her new grand daughter on the computer screen (before Paul)! She's absolutely perfect! Unfortunately I will not be posting any pictures until after a successful court date has been granted.




I went to school to show the children her picture, and they were thrilled. Curtis gave me a big hug, and asked if we could tell his teacher and his class. Jesse had huge smiles and proudly showed the picture of his little sister to each of his classmates. Nicole wanted to keep the picture, so that she could show everyone! I want to do the same!!




We will continue to wait for patience as we await a court date and all the paper work that follows. This procedure could still take several months. We may possibly squeak through the new rule of being present at court in Ethiopia. Our agency is doing their best to try to make that happen, but can't make any promises. It is our prayer that our consent is received in Ethiopia before April 9, filed with the court, and a court date is scheduled. That's cutting it pretty close, but again, it is in the Lord's hands.




With all of the hurtles that we have faced with this process in the last 2.5 years, God has been so good and has shown His faithfulness over and over. He has truly made us stronger throughout this process and we have learned a lot about patience and trust. We are so blessed, and we give thanks to the One who has made all things possible.



This is Deborah's first "official" baby gift. It's a beautiful hand made blanket purchased and given by my aunt.

No comments: