Home

Monday, June 8, 2015

One Thousand Gifts (continued)

"The LORD is my light and my salvation -whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life- of whom shall I be afraid?" (Psalm 27:1-2)



Conquering fear brings us to new heights.
We're so proud of the many fears that he has conquered and continues to conquer.  
We were told that the tether holds up to 4 000 pounds.
We felt pretty secure and safe.
Yet, I was still a bit nervous and fearful walking across the tight rope.
I didn't completely trust the tether.  

I am still learning to completely trust my heavenly Father.  He is my tether and has me safe and secure in the palm of His hand.  Despite that, I still have many fears.  Fears of the unknown.  Fears of parenting a child with special needs.  Fears of feeling incompetent in managing and handling our daughter's challenging behaviour resulting from early childhood trauma and loss.  Fears of the future.  ETC, ETC!!  These fears are unnecessary if I would trust my tether. God "is the stronghold of my life" and He will never let me go.  He is always with us through the fears, hurts, and difficulties in our lives.  I am so thankful for my tether!

Continuing to give thanks...
-Christ, my tether and stronghold
-the lessons that God keeps trying to teach me


-conquering new fears












-their bravery
-how they all enjoyed the ropes

-learning fascinating facts about owls

-learning about the amazing features and characteristics of some of the awesome creatures that God created

-a fun, family day at the Niagara Safari and the Niagara Falls

-enjoying all the different animals 


-how she loves to "read" all the signs



-appreciating the uniqueness and beauty of all of God's creatures



-a fun family dinner and a fun evening in Niagara Falls



-how they were being so silly with the selfie stick!


-breath taking views of the falls



-our precious, beautiful children

-the smell of fresh cut peonies!

-his musical abilities and talents
-his gifted teacher
-his supportive grand parents


No comments: