Home

Monday, May 18, 2015

One Thousand Gifts (continued)

"Be still, and know that I am God... (Psalm 46:10)

It was in the stillness that I heard Him speaking to me.

It was in the calm from the storm, that I was reminded of His presence.  

I know that He is with me all the time, and that He speaks to me through many different ways, but it was while I sat on a rock, looking at this magnificent sunset, crying out to God, that He spoke to me. 

It was a rough couple of past days and a particularly difficult evening with our daughter.  I again asked God, rather than "Why", "What is it that you, God are trying to teach me?"  There was a sense of calmness and peace as He laid one word on my heart, SURRENDER. 

I have been trying to surrender my life to God, but I suppose I needed to be reminded of this once again.  I am trying to learn more what it truly means to surrender to God with my whole heart and all of my life.

S- Submit, or yield to God, His authority, His will, and His plan for my life
U- ultimately surrendering my life, my all
R- relinquishing my control and giving that all to God
R-"rest easy now that I've put it into God's hands" (Jeff and Sheri Easter)
E- experiencing freedom 
N- never stop trusting in God's plan
D- doubt-free knowing that everything is in God's hands
E- everything is in His control
R- right now, not later, but right now!

I am so thankful for the stillness and for the chaos.  However, I am very thankful that it was in the stillness that He spoke to me.  Thank-you, Lord for the reminder to SURRENDER.

Continuing to give thanks...

-"playing" the piano and singing "They will know we are Christians by our love"!!  
-for the songs she learns at school from her awesome JK teacher

-my helper on her stay home days

-how they make themselves so at home and find such random places to lay down

-finding time in his crazy, busy schedule for dinner to celebrate his birthday

-enjoying our new pool, even though it was freezing cold!!
-enjoying the beautiful, warm weather
-enjoying the long weekend together as a family
-campfires, and roasting hot dogs!


1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh, dear friend, we need to have tea. I hear you on the "tough days". Surrendering is a good reminder for me too. I'm so thankful the Holy spirit helps us with this because, you're right, we do try but sometimes fail on our own.

Yay for new pools! Enjoy!