Home

Monday, March 23, 2015

One Thousand Gifts (continued)

"But grow in the grace and knowledge of our LORD and Saviour Jesus Christ.  To Him be glory both now and forever!  Amen." 
(2 Peter 3:18)

After receiving a compliment recently from a former student, I sighed and said to my husband, "Oh, but I would be such a better teacher now than I was then".  He asked if I was referring to being a better spiritual mentor.  "Yes", I replied.  He encouraged me that that was a good thing, because it means that I am growing and changing in my years, trying to be more Christ-like.  It wouldn't be good, he explained if we didn't grow and change.  I was again reminded of what he said when I came across this quote in a novel that I just finished reading.  The author writes, "But all growth in life must be forward. To remain still is in fact stagnation and regression." (quote from Michael Phillips' novel, Heather Song).

I do not want to be stagnant in my spiritual life.  I desire to learn more about my amazing heavenly Father, and it is my desire to grow and change to become more and more like Him, with the help of the Holy Spirit.

I have experienced some difficult things in my life.  However, I believe that these experiences have contributed to my growth.  I have been put through the refiner's fire and I have learned more, and I am continuing to learn more about the love of Christ.

Currently, our wait for our precious little boy has been laying heavily on us.  There are days that I need to remind myself, instead of asking God, "why", I need to ask Him, "what".  I need to ask Him "what is it that He is trying to teach me through this process"?  I want to learn more about Him and try to be more like Him and have a heart of gratitude in all circumstances.

I am thankful for the growth and changes that have happened already and I eagerly anticipate what else God has in store for my life.

Continuing to give thanks...

-for growth in my spiritual life
-a husband who is wise and is also growing spiritually
-that we as husband and wife are able to grow together
-for the Word that helps me learn about God's amazing love and His gift of grace
-experiences that have contributed to my growth
-family devotional time
-hearing the Word of God being preached weekly
-learning and gleaning so much from the wise, beautiful senior ladies in my Bible study group


-changes in the seasons
-being able to sit on my deck and watch my niece (on my IPad) play volleyball

-bringing spring into our house (thank-you, Vos Floral)

-his prize for his perfect multiplication quiz

-how she loves her yarn extensions

-a super fun start to the March Break, shopping with my sister and some of our children

-being the only male, how he was such a good sport about shopping with the ladies!!

-having fun with his sister

-a great dinner with my family, supporting an amazing school!!
-the inspiring short testimony from one of the Science teachers about the awe and wonder and privilege of teaching about  EVERY thing small and large made by our awesome Creator

-longer sunny days

-hanging out the laundry again (even though I have to walk across the ice rink to get there)

-getting one last skate for the season



-enjoying the ice to skate on and to eat!

-many hands to help in the greenhouses during the March Break
-enjoying working with cousins (which helps those who are less inspired to go to work in the greenhouse!!)

-looking forward to the growth and changes that will take place over the next month in the greenhouse

-how she loves riding her bike in the greenhouse (which unfortunately made family pictures rather difficult!)


-enjoying the gorgeous flowers










1 comment:

Heather said...

Hokey Dinah, I've missed a lot! Beautiful pics!