Home

Monday, November 17, 2014

One Thousand Gifts (continued)

'"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land,' declares the LORD" 
(2 Chronicles 7:14).

Oftentimes, I think that I am able to do all things on my own.  Sometimes, it is not until a last resort that I feel like I need to go to God in prayer.  I'm feeling stressed about numerous things, Paul is losing sleep about things, and finally I say, "I'm going to pray about this."  That's not the way it should go.  I need to be reminded to "humble myself and pray and seek God's face" first and foremost!  I am so thankful that He hears my prayers and that He is so patient with me.
Continuing to give thanks...
-that God hears our prayers
-the reminder to humble myself and bring all of my cares and concerns to the Lord in prayer

-how she copies everything her brother does and wanted to bring bowling pictures to our photo shoot, like he did (except that he didn't have them in the pictures!)
-her strong will, but soft heart

-her gentle spirit

-my two beautiful girls, inside and out

-how much joy and laughter they bring, even amidst the stress

-another year of poinsettia pictures
-how he loves what he does
-that the flowers are beautiful and ready to be shipped

-how he smiles now for pictures!
-how so many people say that he reminds them of my dad!!  I love that!

-my three favourite men

-how we never grow tired of taking our pictures in the beautiful flowers

-always finding opportunities to act silly




-the beautiful blanket of fresh snow for the first time in the season

-helpers preparing for our ice rink

-doing well in my course
-finishing assignments on time
-the end of the course is near
-Jesse's great report card and that he's doing so well in his first year of high school
-meeting with two beautiful, Godly women who are passionate about helping children with special needs in an educational setting
-the children playing games after supper
-a safe and fun volleyball tournament for Nicole
-Deborah and her play dates and how she loves to play with others
-visiting with a friend for a few hours
-a receptive, positive audience as I presented my story and God's story about adoption


No comments: