Home

Monday, August 11, 2014

One Thousand Gifts (continued)

 "What does the LORD require of you?  To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God" (Micah 6:8)
Micah 6:8- the GEMS theme verse.  I remember reciting those words when I was younger!  Even though I have recited those words and I have had them memorized for many years, I still need to remind myself of them.   In my efforts to please God, am I truly acting justly?  Am I showing kindness?  Am I learning humility?  No, no, and no.  I constantly need to seek God's forgiveness and help as I strive to live a life that pleases Him.  I am truly thankful for His grace and mercy each day.

Last week, I dropped off our daughter and some friends at the GEMS connected camp in Michigan.  She had a fabulous time!  She made many new friends, participated in a variety of activities, and enjoyed praise and worship with Coleen and Grace!  I am so thankful for Christian camp, especially GEMS camp where the girls are taught to live their lives, pleasing to Christ.  

Continuing to give thanks...



-GEMS camp
-going to camp with some school friends and meeting new friends


-still willing (sort of) to get a picture with her mom before saying "Good-bye"

-connecting with God through daily devotions and different themes each day

-daily praise and worship with Colleen and Grace (I'm a little jealous)!



-being reminded to let their lights shine for Christ!

 -various, fun activities
-great weather
-safety at camp and safe travels


 -a super fun road trip/shopping trip with my dear friend

 -safe travels and successfully arriving at our destinations without a G.P.S!!

 -a little taste of Germany

-beautiful weather, despite the forecast!

 -enjoying each other's company



 -enjoying summer activities together and on their own



 -her fort that she was so excited about (she even slept in it that night)!

 -enjoying a picnic on our front lawn
-beautiful, summer weather

-how she wants to work with the older kids
-how she asks first thing int he morning, "Where are the kids"?
-how my niece patiently worked side by side with her cousin and how they both enjoyed working together

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yay for camp! Glad she had a great time. What would childhood be without so much fun!?