Home

Monday, July 21, 2014

One Thousand Gifts (continued)

"Ascribe to the LORD the glory due His name; worship the LORD in the splendour of His holiness" (Psalm 29:2).

 This was the view out of my front window the other day!  It was so gorgeous, I just had to take a picture.  We've been caught up in so much summer fun, that I almost took this beautiful view for granted.  I've been so preoccupied with fun summer activities such as World Cup parties, and camping, that I haven't slowed down to enjoy the beauty that is all around me.  I am so thankful for the beauty everywhere and that God's presence is with me all the time, and how He reminds me of His nearness!  I am also grateful for all the fun that we've been having this summer!!

Continuing to give thanks...
#4688-#4728

 -soccer party preparations (getting our Dutch shirts ready)


 -enthusiastic soccer fans of all ages

 -seeing old friends
-a successful concession stand, raising over $500 for Compassion Canada's sports mentorship program in Honduras
-my sister's and sister-in-law's willingness to help sell lots of yummy goodies
-my brother-in-law's willingness to cook lots of croquettes!

 -having fun celebrating Holland's win!

 -enjoying our backyard and the beautiful summer weather

-help from our nephews as Paul did some pruning

 -Chesley Lake fun with all of my siblings, and lots of cousins
-celebrating my mom's 78'th birthday
-for her health and love
-Curtis' party hat that he whipped up for Beppe

 -going out for dinner with all 25 of us, celebrating an awesome Mom and a super Beppe!

 -enjoying the water

-how he is willing to participate in one of his least favourite activities, for the sake of his children!

 -the thrill of catching a fish, regardless the size

 -how she loves to always be with her siblings

-the dock- always fun times!
-cousins of different ages enjoying each other's company

 -our T-ball super star and the joy she had as she ran around the bases
 -the older children helping the younger children

 -his contentment
 -finding pleasure in the sports that I enjoy too!!

 -how we all sit to cheer each other and each other's children

 -the excitement of his home run hits and begin free from injuries!

 -hoodies to keep us warm during those cool evenings
 -playing with cousins
 -how some big boys never outgrow their toys

 -eating outside and how there is never a dull moment at our dining table

 -enjoying boating and facing his fears

-uncles who are willing to drive their boats for the children




 -how her face lit up when she received a ride in Uncle John's cadillac

 -a favourite past time
 -a second attempt in the volleyball tournament and learning about perseverance and loss

-enjoying the beach with lots of family!

-biking -one of the best things about camping

-a beautiful reminder of God's faithfulness and His promises

 -reading in the fort

-how she sat so well for her very first haircut
-my amazing, beautiful hairdresser


No comments: