Home

Monday, April 1, 2013

One Thousand Gifts (Continued)

When the centurion and those who were with him, keeping watch over Jesus, saw the earthquake and what took place, they were filled with awe and said, “Truly this was the Son of God!” (Matthew 27:54 ESV)

There are various things and times in my life that have caused me to be in AWE.  It is my prayer, however that I can truly proclaim that I am in awe of the cross.  Christ conquered death; He took my sin and shame; He suffered in my place and He experienced death and hell so that I could have eternal life. His death was not accidental.  It was planned and purposeful.  Through Him, I have the gift of salvation and I am FREE!  That is certainly something to be in AWE of!

Continuing to give thanks...
#3454-#3476

For the many things that I am in awe of...
-the cross!
-that He would die for me
-the gift of grace and salvation
-God's love for us

-the beautiful landscape of Alaska
-being on a cruise with the GAITHERS!!!

-the miracle of birth
-the birth of our firstborn

-the birth of our baby girl

-the birth of our second son
-meeting our precious daughter for the first time
-the unexpected chapters God is writing

-bringing Selah to Redeemer University and hearing them perform LIVE
-spending time with Selah and enjoying their fantastic music

-marrying my best friend
-God's hand in our marriage
-the fingerprints of God
-all of creation
-how we are all unique yet created in His image
-church community and love
-the testimony of our friend who did profession of faith yesterday
-how he gives God ALL the credit for the changes in his life
-how God is able to redeem all of our brokenness and messes



No comments: