Home

Monday, March 11, 2013

One Thousand Gifts (continued)

"Be imitators of God, therefore as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God" 
 (Ephesians 5:1,2).

She wears her fake glasses, just so that she can be like her siblings.  She loves to imitate them in what they say and do (sometimes good, sometimes not so good!!).

I ask myself, who do I try to imitate?  Who do I want to be like?  Ephesians 5 reminds us to be imitators of God and to live a life of love.  It explains further in the chapter and in chapter 4 how we ought not to live (4:25 "speak truthfully"; 4:25 "do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths"; 4:32 "Be kind and compassionate to one another; 4:31"Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger"; 5:3 "there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality" etc.).  We are to to put off our old selves and put on the new self, created to be like God (4:22-24).  This is not an easy task and certainly can not be done on our own.  It is my prayer that the holy spirit will help me become more like Christ and be an "imitator of God".

Continuing to give thanks...
#3403-#3423
-God's Word and how it teaches us how to live
-the work of the Holy Spirit helping us be more like Christ
-the good examples that her siblings are to her
-eating lunch outside yesterday
-a fun, relaxing night out with hubby
-tea with friends
-her excitement of trying every single peanut flavour at the peanut store
-getting some work hours over the March Break
-Nicole's companionship and how she so easily makes me laugh

-Christian concerts
-inspiring, fun music
-a fun night out with friends
-Nicole's love for her music (and lots of other Christian music)

-my fun loving, energetic girls
-wrapping my arms around my sweet boys

-her goofy smiles



-my hard working husband who loves his job and takes pride in his work

-her love for her daddy's flowers

-the beauty, the details, the colour
-how it always feels like spring in the greenhouse

-our family



No comments: