Home

Monday, December 3, 2012

One Thousand Gifts (Continued)

"The LORD is faithful to all His promises and loving toward all He has made" (Psalm 145:13).

I am so thankful for all of God's promises and His faithfulness. He is good, He is truth, and He is faithful no matter the circumstance.

 When I am so tired and slump into a corner, close to tears, I hear His promise: "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and by burden is light" (Matthew 11:28-30). 

 When I feel down for failing again and again, I hear His promise: "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9). 

 When I feel like my job as a stay at home mom is pointless and meaningless, I hear His promise: "The LORD will fulfill His purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever- do not abandon the works of your hands" (Psalm 138:8). 

 When I question God's timing, I hear His promise: "[God] has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end" (Ecclesiastes 3:11). 

 When I think some of the battles are hopeless, I hear His promise, "I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard fro me?" (Jeremiah 32:27) 

 Continuing to give thanks for my many blessings and His many promises:
#3198-3216
 -God's unfailing promises
-how He speaks to us through His Word
-the testimony of His goodness and mercy through the baptism of one His precious children
-how the young couple is able to still praise Him in the storm
-our kind, loving elder and his dedication to the congregation
-that our elders are purposeful in making home visits
-the assembly this morning encouraging the children to choose music with a discerning heart
-the many different, awesome choices of Christian music that is available (my list of favourites is endless)!
-the awesome concert at Redeemer last week (City Harmonic)
-17 more children sponsored through Compassion

-our annual tradition of going to the tree lot to pick the "perfect" tree



-how she takes on the role of big sister so well and comforts her when she's scared

-a whole family affair

-finding new things to do with snowballs

-fun with the first snowfall of the year

-showing love in different ways
-how the oldest two seem to bonding more
-that they play hockey together in the morning while waiting for the bus

-her fun loving spirit as she gets ready for her seniors dinner


No comments: