Home

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sweetness









"Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones"
(Proverbs 16:24).


During our March Break, we had the privilege of enjoying and learning about the yummy, sweet maple syrup at the Maple Syrup Festival. It was a great opportunity to appreciate one of the many unfathomable aspects of God's creation.

The sweet maple syrup made me think about a dear friend who confessed to me after I told her that she was sweet, that she was praying to be viewed as someone who is sweet. Well, anyone who knows her would agree with me that she is indeed sweet! http://heathershomewardjourney.blogspot.com)

The Bible says that pleasant words are sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Sweet words are pleasant, agreeable, hopeful, thankful, and joyful. (for more information see: http://bible.org/seriespage/sweet-honey) They can attribute to our physical well being. They can minister to our lives as well as others' lives. My friends' words definitely minister to me and to so many others. It is my prayer that my words will be "pleasant as honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones".



1 comment:

Heather said...

Awww, that's so sweet! :) LOL.
Ditto.