Home

Friday, December 24, 2010

Welcome to the Family

"and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them. But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart" (Luke 2:18,19).

This Christmas I want to make time to treasure our family. As Deborah has her first Christmas with her forever family this year, I want to take joy in how our family interacts with each other. I want to take joy in their facial expressions, feelings and noises (and it can get VERY noisy)! I want to remember that sometimes it's busy and overwhelming, I don't want to miss a minute of it and I want to ponder all these things in my heart as Mary did so many years ago. Most importantly, I want to ponder the gift of our Lord Jesus and treasure that in my heart.

Deborah, welcome to the family...


-there's a lot of joy in these facial expressions



-so many cousins who all get along


-enjoying songs together (even if it was rather loud)


-pondering the thrill and excitement of playing games together


-oh, what fun we have


-Deborah's older cousins
-the talented planner in the family- even if it gets more difficult with such a large (sometimes uncooperative) family- we are blessed with such a large loving family

-such loving, generous grandparents


Lord, thank-you for the gift of family. Help me to treasure our family in my heart.



No comments: