Home

Friday, November 20, 2009

National Adoption Day

the Ethiopian flag
"I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone" (1 Timothy 2:1).


Today is National Adoption Day. The Adoption Council of Ontario sent an e-mail inviting all those who have been touched by adoption to take some time today to celebrate their connection with adoption. I would like to do that through prayer.


Our devotional at breakfast this morning, was based on the passage of 1 Timothy 2:1. It challenged us to pray for all people and to do so specifically. Pray for specific things such as wisdom, strength, happiness, guidance and that God will work in their lives.
As I celebrate adoption today, I give thanks for the blessing of making such wonderful friendships through this process and I rejoice for those families who have brought their dear children home! I pray for the many families that are waiting to be united with their children that God will grant much patience and perseverance. I pray for our little girl whom God has chosen for us that she will be kept safe, well fed, well cared for, and loved. I pray for her biological parents that they will experience the peace that comes from God as they make an adoption plan for their baby girl. I lift up all the workers of our agency as they strive hard to speed up time lines and as they renew and build relationships. I pray for the many volunteers who are giving their time to help our agency get reconstructed. I pray for wisdom and strength for them.


I am thankful to God for this whole experience so far. It has taught myself and my family many things. Praise be to God!

No comments: