Home

Friday, January 22, 2010

Inspiration


"These people honour me with their lips but their hearts are far from me. Their worship is a farce, for they teach man-made ideas as commands from God" (Matthew 15:8,9 -Jesus applying the words of Isaiah 29;13).
Lyrics

Empty hands held high
Such small sacrifice
If not joined with my life
I sing in vain tonight
May the words I say
And the things I do
Make my lifesong sing
Bring a smile to You

Let my lifesong sing to You
Let my lifesong sing to You
I want to sign Your name to the end of this day
Knowing that my heart was true
Let my lifesong sing to You

Lord I give my life
A living sacrifice
To reach a world in need
To be Your hands and feet
So may the words I say
And the things I do
Make my lifesong sing
Bring a smile to You

Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Let my lifesong sing to You


• Written by Mark Hall
"Worship is so much more than the songs I sing. Instead, worship is in the heart that lifts the song. If you think about it, worship began when I woke up this morning. My life purpose is to give God glory through everything I do. If my life does not worship Him, my songs don't either."
Matthew 15:8-9 / Matthew 23:25-28
Galatians 2:20 / Colossians 3:17
2005 Club Zoo Music (BMI) / SWECS Music (BMI) (adm. by EMI CMG Publishing)

http://www.castingcrowns.com/inindex.php

Although I do not sing (at least when any one's within hearing distance), I am reminded that in all I do, it needs to come from the heart. My worship to God is meaningless if my heart is far from Him. As Mark Hall says, "If my life does not worship Him, my songs (or in my case, being a Mom, wife, Sunday School teacher, Bible study leader, etc.) don't either."

I want to "live my life as a living sacrifice" and "bring a smile to the LORD", but I know I fail in so many ways! LORD, please forgive me and cleanse me from the inside. I need to continue to confess to Him, and ask Him to help me to "let me lifesong sing to Him." Only by God's unfailing love and His grace which I am so undeserving of, will I be able to "sign His name to the end of this day."

No comments: